What resources are available for COVID-19?

Reputable information can be found on the websites for the Three Rivers Public Health Department, the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, and the Center for Disease Control. Nebraska DHHS may have opportunities for economic assistance for eligible individuals and families.


There are also behavior/mental health resources available:

  • SAMHSA Disaster Distress: 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746

  • Boys Town National Hotline: 1-800-448-3000 or email

  • Nebraska Family Helpline: 1-888-866-8660


When is the next council meeting, and how can I get on the agenda?
Regular council meetings are held the third Tuesday of every month at 7:00 p.m. in the Yutan City Office. There is an agenda item request form that you can submit to the City Clerk. Please submit this form to the city office at least one week prior to the meeting so staff can determine if further action needs to be taken before the meeting (i.e. the writing of an ordinance or resolution).

Where can I get a burn permit?
Burn permits are available through the Yutan Fire Department at 402-625-2273. 

Burn permit information 



Do I need a building permit, and how do I get one?

Building permits are needed for an array of projects, including but not limited to commercial/industrial buildings, residential dwellings, additions, remodels, and accessory structures. Building permit applications are available on the Building, Planning, & Zoning’s department page and within the Yutan City Office. Please complete the application in its entirety and return it to City staff with any additionally required documentation. If you have any questions on what is required through this process, contact City Administrator Bockelmann at or 402-625-2112.


What are the library’s hours?

As of August 1, 2021, and through May 2022, the library’s hours are as follows: Monday 9a-1p, Tuesday 9a-3p, Wednesday 9a-7p, Thursday 9a-8p, Friday 9a-3p, and Saturday 9a-12n. Because these hours change depending on the season, you can also contact the library at 402-625-2111, check their Facebook page, or visit the library's website to check their hours.

Parks and Recreation

How do I rent the building at the splash pad?

The splash pad building is rented out at the city office’s discretion. A $100 security deposit is required in advance to get the key to the building and will be refunded after staff inspects the building for damage and cleanliness.


How can I report a nuisance or code violation?

Please contact the Yutan Police Department at 402-625-2468. There is a written complaint form that the police department may request that you complete. This form does request your name and contact information, but this information is purely for the police department’s use so they are able to contact you with follow-up questions; if you are filing a report about another resident, this information will NOT be shared with the individual against whom the complaint is being filed.

Public Works

How can I get water/sewer service in my name?

Applications for water/sewer service are available in the city office and/or on the city website on the Public Works department page. That form must be completed and returned to the Yutan City Office in order to get water/sewer service in your name. A refundable security deposit of $150.00 will also be required for all renters, but it can be reduced or waived for owner-occupied properties if the owner signs up for automatic payment. The authorization form for automatic payment is available in the office and on the Public Works department page as well.

If I notify you that I’m going to be late in making my water payment, can you extend the deadline/waive the fee/leave my water turned on?

We are unable to grant deadline extensions or waive late charges on delinquent accounts, even if you notify the office in advance. The City must receive at least half of the balance due in order to arrange a payment plan.

I have noticed an odor in my water. Is it safe to drink/use?

The City’s water is tested regularly by the State of Nebraska’s public health lab and is completely safe to drink and use. The odor is the result of manganese levels in the water and can worsen if the water at a residence has sat without use for an extended period of time (e.g. if you just moved in after a vacancy of a few weeks or more). The first step toward reducing or eliminating the odor is to run the hot water in your residence until the tap goes cold. Often, water sitting in a water heater over time can begin to smell, so emptying the water heater can often get rid of the problem. This may, however, take a few days of running the hot water as needed. If running the water for a while does not seem to make a difference, please contact the maintenance department to flush out a water hydrant in your neighborhood. If the problem persists, many residents have had success installing a whole house water filter.